TCM 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

blah

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Man-Eating Animals: Interesting

Go down 
+8
Mickey
HHJ
RatFaceDrunken
BEND
Forklift
Meaty Portion
Capt Ramius
InternetHero
12 posters
AuthorMessage
InternetHero
W/W Godfather
InternetHero

Man-Eating Animals: Interesting Empty
PostSubject: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:09 am

The thread about PETA reminded me to make this topic. I was doing some research when I ran across an article about the Tsavo lions who were notorious man-eaters who are thought to have killed a score of Indian laborers and dozens of natives in the region.

What I discovered is that over the known course of history there have been many, many notorious man-eating animals where a single animal or pack of animals is responsible for hundreds of human deaths.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-eater

^Scroll to the bottom and read about man eating tigers, and leopards, and a huge crocodile that still prays upon men today in Africa, all of whom specifically target and kill humans.

Many times modern critics are critical of the way man has struggled and fought against nature and I think those critics do not appreciate the savagery and danger of the ancient and near-modern world.
Back to top Go down
Capt Ramius
Emperor of AIDS
Capt Ramius

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 6:19 am

That's it, kill all animals.
Back to top Go down
Meaty Portion

Meaty Portion

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 11:14 am

They don't appreciate it because they live in insulated cities, far from nature. It's usually a bunch of celebrities living in posh mansions which to be built caused more deaths of animals than the average fur trader does in a lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Forklift

Forklift

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:07 pm

Would you rather be mauled and eaten by a tiger, or stung to death by killer bees?
Back to top Go down
BEND

BEND

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:08 pm

Tiger, that's an epic way to die. Killed by bees is just embarassing.
Back to top Go down
InternetHero
W/W Godfather
InternetHero

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:43 pm

BEND wrote:

Hell yeah.

Death by tiger is something you want printed on your tombstone, death by bees makes you seem like a putzy clutz.
Back to top Go down
RatFaceDrunken

RatFaceDrunken

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 10:47 pm

Hall and Oates were right.

Back to top Go down
HHJ

HHJ

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 1:47 pm

that big shark what ate quint made me sad
quint was a good guy
Back to top Go down
Mickey

Mickey

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:03 pm

I saw the documentary on Gustav the crocodile when it was originally on the tube.
It is scary the size of that mother.
Watch the vid at around 3:30 to get real appreciation of the difference.

Back to top Go down
HHJ

HHJ

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:07 pm

look on youtube on the lion vs bull fight

what an mma war
Back to top Go down
Forklift

Forklift

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:55 pm

InternetHero wrote:
BEND wrote:

Hell yeah.

Death by tiger is something you want printed on your tombstone, death by bees makes you seem like a putzy clutz.

Bend and you make compelling arguments. Still, I'm fascinated by the prospects of dying via killer bees.
Back to top Go down
Nutstache

Nutstache

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:05 am

Gustav FTW!
Back to top Go down
kakashi

kakashi

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:58 pm

cool article, I didn't know leopards were man-eaters
Back to top Go down
boxhead

boxhead

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 9:06 am

Arrow
Back to top Go down
Teedoh74

Teedoh74

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 12:27 pm

I'm Firsty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man-Eating Animals: Interesting   Man-Eating Animals: Interesting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Man-Eating Animals: Interesting
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TCM 2.0 :: Discussion :: Teh Soapbox-
Jump to: